CompletionList items containing quotes and spaces

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by John Martin - Senior Software Developer, QuIC Financial Inc.
Version: 10.2.0532
Hello,

I am attempting to add support for strings with spaces to a language we are developing. It was decided that the editor will automatically insert quotation marks around strings that contain spaces to make parsing less complicated (we are using Antlr). My first attempt was to use the autoCompletePreText parameter of the CompletionItem constructor. Unfortunately, while the string shows up properly in the completion list, typing the first letter of the word does not highlight the item in the list. I can only guess that this is because of the addition of the quotation marks since the first letter worked properly in the completion list before this change.

Is there a better approach to adding support for strings with quotation marks in the completion list?

Alternatively, is there a better way to add support for spaces in certain strings?

Thanks,
John

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by John Martin - Senior Software Developer, QuIC Financial Inc.
Maybe I was too quick to post a question. With a little hunting I found a ICompletionSession.MatchOptions property that seems to help in my situation. So, I do not require an answer to my previous post.

Nothing to see here...
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.