Bracket highlighting

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Ravikumar
Version: 11.1.0540
Does Syntax editor for WPF have bracket highlighting. I cant seem to find any way to enable it.

Comments (6)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ravikumar,

Sorry it hasn't yet been implemented for the WPF SyntaxEditor. We have it on the TODO list. Our top priority right now is getting the .NET Languages Add-on's automated IntelliPrompt working.

I'll mark down your request with the TODO item so we can let you know when it's done.

On a side note, you can implement bracket highlighting yourself in the meantime. Our adornments framework is very flexible and the AdornmentsHighlightWord QuickStart shows a concept very similar to what you'd do for bracket highlighting.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Ravikumar
Thank you for your prompt reply. I will look into AdornmentsHighlightWord. :)
Posted 13 years ago by Kasper
I really need bracket highlighting as well, but I would prefer not to implement it myself, when it is planned for a future release. This post is to add my vote for this very essential feature and to ask whether it has made it into the upcoming release, and if not, if it's planned for the one after that?
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kasper,

Sorry it is not going to be in the first 2011.2 release. I can't say at this time if it would be in the maintenance release after that or not. It is one of the higher priority TODO items for the control though, now that we've knocked out a number of others for 2011.2 already.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Kasper
>It is one of the higher priority TODO items for the control though, now that we've knocked out a number of others for 2011.2 already.

Okay, that's good to hear. Keep up the great work :)
Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We're happy to announce that delimiter highlighting has been added as a feature in the upcoming 2012.2 versions of SyntaxEditor. More detail is here:

http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post.aspx?id=f0d37707-b41e-4f62-aca6-f92be80fba0e

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.