Posted 13 years ago by hari
Version: 11.1.0542
Hi,
I have a requirement to support writing C# language intellisense in a visual studio 2010 tool window extension. I am using SyntaxEditor and the language is set to C#. How do I enable intellisense ? Please see below for more details.

I load the following code by default in to the syntax editor.

Using System;
Public class RuleA
{

Public void Execute()
{
// when user types here, I want to enable the intellisense
}
}

Please let me know how to support this

Thanks
Hari

Comments (6)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Hari,

At the time of this posting, that feature is not yet included in the add-on but is being actively worked on and we hope to have a first version out in the coming weeks that does have automated IntelliPrompt. You can watch our blog for details as they emerge.

Actipro Software Support

Can you please let us know when will you release this feature?
Hello, as mentioned above, we are actively working on it and have been posting progress on our blog. We will release a build as soon as we reach a stable milestone.

Actipro Software Support

We need tentative date (like in another 1 month or more?)
We don't really have a date. We are working as fast as we can on it, as it is our top new-development priority right now. However we also are trying to make sure we're building an extremely robust framework for handling .NET languages that has thousands of unit tests, follows the C#/VB specs as closely as possible, and is extensible so that we can support enhancements to it in the future. It's not an easy or quick thing to do at all.

We hope to have a first release with automated quick info out in the coming several weeks. Automated completion list will be added after that and hopefully won't be too difficult to add. The parameter info feature area will be worked on following that and related automated features added to the C#/VB languages at the same time.

We will likely be calling for beta testers of the IntelliPrompt features soon, and will post for that in our blog.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.