Why do I sometimes have two selected tabs?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 11.1.0542
I have an application where some of my tabs have bindings on their IsSelected property to control when they're selected. Unfortunately, I'm seeing cases where multiple tabs appear selected, although I'd expect the selection mechanism to be set-up so that only one tab could be selected at a time.

I'm sending over a project that repros the issue. I guess my key question is, does the IsSelected property on a ribbon tab tie-in with the ribbon's SelectedTab property? If not, is there a way for me to bind to the ribbon's SelectedTab property on a per-tab basis, along the lines of:

<Ribbon>
    <Tab
        Ribbon.SelectedTab={Binding...}
        />
</Ribbon>
Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

We do have code in Tab that should ensure the Ribbon.SelectedTab is in sync, so I would think it would work ok. We didn't receive any sample projects. Make sure you rename the .zip file extension if you sent one, or else it might be spam blocked.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
I appreciate you getting back to me. I don't know what happened with the sample project but please don't worry about it - I ended up finding a different way to solve the problem using an attached behavior and just setting ribbon.SelectedTab, instead of trying to bind to a tab's IsSelected property.

Thanks,

-Craig
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.