SplitButton & KeyTipAccessText

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
Version: 10.1.0523
I'm using an Actipro SplitButton in your Ribbon as follows:
          <actr:SplitButton AutomationProperties.AutomationId="buttonSendTaskCommand" KeyTipAccessText="K" AutoDisableWhenPopupContentIsDisabled="False">
            <actr:SplitButton.Style>
              <Style TargetType="{x:Type actr:SplitButton}" BasedOn="{StaticResource {x:Type actr:SplitButton}}" >
                <Setter Property="Command" Value="{StaticResource SendTaskEmailCommand}" />
                <Style.Triggers>
                  <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Path=PreferredCommunicationType}" Value="{x:Static om:CommunicationType.Web}">
                    <Setter Property="Command" Value="{StaticResource SendTaskWebCommand}" />
                  </DataTrigger>
                </Style.Triggers>
              </Style>
            </actr:SplitButton.Style>
              <actr:Menu AutomationProperties.AutomationId="popupSendTaskMenu" AutomationProperties.Name="Send Task Menu">
                <actr:Button AutomationProperties.AutomationId="buttonSendTaskAlternate" KeyTipAccessText="A">
                  <actr:Button.Style>
                    <Style TargetType="{x:Type actr:Button}" BasedOn="{StaticResource {x:Type actr:Button}}" >
                      <Setter Property="Command" Value="{StaticResource SendTaskWebCommand}" />
                      <Style.Triggers>
                        <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Path=PreferredCommunicationType}" Value="{x:Static om:CommunicationType.Web}">
                          <Setter Property="Command" Value="{StaticResource SendTaskEmailCommand}" />
                        </DataTrigger>
                      </Style.Triggers>
                    </Style>
                  </actr:Button.Style>
                </actr:Button>
            </actr:Menu>
          </actr:SplitButton>
I do an Alt-C (assigned to the tab) and I see the KeyTipAccessText of "K" displayed for the SplitButton, and when I press it the dropdown opens. The problem is that, I can't then seem to find another keystroke to perform the action on the button itself (tried Enter, space, etc.). What sequence of keystrokes need to be performed to get the action tied to the SplitButton to occur?

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
At the moment, each control only supports a single key tip and split button's has been designated to execute the popup display. You should be able to move focus to the SplitButton control using arrow keys and then press spacebar to execute the main button though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.