How can I load a schema into the schema resolver?

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Silverlight Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 11.1.0111
I'm trying to use the Web Languages add-on in the SyntaxEditor; specifically, I want to load a xsd for Intelliprompt. When I do this in WPF, it looks like the following:

_xmlSchemaResolver = new XmlSchemaResolver();
_xmlSchemaResolver.LoadSchema(myXmlSchema);

_xmlSyntaxLanguage = new XmlSyntaxLanguage();
_xmlSyntaxLanguage.RegisterXmlSchemaResolver(_xmlSchemaResolver);

syntaxEditor.Document.Language = _xmlSyntaxLanguage;
In Silverlight, it seems that I can't create a XmlSchema or XmlSchemaSet instance. So, how can I load schemas into the XmlSchemaResolver? Is the expectation that I use the .NET 4 XML library?

Also, as there's no LoadSchema method, am I supposed to assign my schema via the resolver's SchemaSet property?

Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

Unfortunately Microsoft hasn't included any XML schema-related class implementations in Silverlight (at least in SL 4) so there is no way to load schemas in Silverlight. That is why the Silverlight version of this add-on doesn't have completion lists or schema validation like the WPF version does. If Microsoft adds the XML schema class implementations in the future, then we'll be able to add support for this to Silverlight.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.