How can I enable FindAll in the EditorSearchView?

SyntaxEditor for Silverlight Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 11.1.0111
Looking at your Find/Replace samples for the SyntaxEditor, I see that the ISearchResultSet, that comes from the EditorViewSearch event, uses a SearchOperationType enum whose value can be FindAll or ReplaceAll.

My question is: how can the user get the FindAll or ReplaceAll behavior when searching? I don't see any checkboxes in the EditorSearchView to replace returning a single find result with returning all find results. If it can't be done in the UI, is there a way to do it programmatically?

Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (5)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

The EditorSearchView doesn't have a FindAll option since there isn't a built-in way to indicate all the results at this time, short of showing them in a list or using some custom tagger to show where the matches are in the editor.

The ITextSnapshot.FindAll method will let you get find all results though. So you can call the editor.ActiveView.CurrentSnapshot.FindAll method.

Actipro Software Support

Is there a way for me to edit the EditorSearchView control to add a button for 'Find All' that, when clicked, invokes the FindAll method? (perhaps by altering its control template?) If not, is my only option to implement my own control?

Thanks again,

-Craig
Hi Craig,

Sure you can always change the template or inherit the control and add functionality to it that a new template could also access.

Actipro Software Support

Is there a way for me to download the XAML styles/templates so I can try changing them? Note that I'm still evaluating the Silverlight Syntax Editor.

-Craig
Hi Craig,

You'd have to email our support address to request the styles.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.