Posted 13 years ago by Thida Chiang
Version: 11.1.0111
I am looking for a similar function as in visual studio where if mouse cursor is put at a bracket '{' or '}', the matching bracket also gets highlighted.

I was looking through the demo and saw there are two editor event actions: SelectToMatchingBracket and MoveToMatchingBracket but nothing happened when I tried to execute those actions.

Does anyone know how those actions work and if they would provide the similar function as in visual studio.

Thanks,
Thida

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Thida,

We still have bracket highlighting features on our TODO list. Those two edit actions are stub placeholders that don't do anything right now but will once the bracket highlighting features get added in the future.

You can write your own bracket highlighting feature in the meantime if you wish, since the framework to do so is available. Once customer posted his implementation of it here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/support/forums/viewforumtopic.aspx?ForumTopicID=4139

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.