Capture Syntax Editor mouse input (language independant)

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by James Deadman
Version: 11.1.0543
Hello,

We are using Syntax Editor latest build. Could i please ask how to capture mouse input (mouse down, mouse wheel, etc) for the editor views?

I couldnt see any events for these mouse inputs, i only noticed the IEditorViewMouseInputEventSink interface. I could use this, but it needs to be registered which i guess means it being language based. However i would like to capture the mouse input independant of any language i am using. If this is the only way, is it possible to register it with Syntax Editor itself, and not be language based?

Thanks,
James

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi James,

Sorry but at this time the language services can only be registered on languages. You could install them on any language though, even if you load up one of ours from a .langdef. Just register the service on it before setting it to your document and it would accomplish what you want.

Alternatively you could probably attach directly to the editor view's events from its VisualElement property. But I'd recommend using services instead.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by James Deadman
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt help.

Thats a shame, I was hoping that mouse events could be captured regardless of current language. (I saw the mouse events as more related to editing (SyntaxEditor class) rather than a language related action).

However not to worry, i will have a go at your recommendations and see if i can do it that way instead. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
James
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.