Posted 8 years ago by Thida Chiang
I am implementing FindReplace function in SyntaxEditor and tried to bind custom key 'Ctrl+F' and 'Ctrl+H' but not able to get them work. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,
Thida

[Modified at 06/30/2011 06:58 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Thida,

In our ActiproSoftware.Compatibility namespace we have a lot of the WPF input and command binding classes so we do things like this in our code:
editor.InputBindings.Add(new KeyBinding(ApplicationCommands.Redo, Key.Y, ModifierKeys.Control));
Then if you have a command binding set up for the related command, you can handle it.

Otherwise you'd have to try and handle the key events off the editor view. I believe you can get to it via editor.ActiveView.VisualElement.KeyDown.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Thida Chiang
I am able to get the key binding works for other keys but when I use 'Ctrl+F', the find popup from Internet Explorer keeps showing up and my key is not getting fired. Any suggestions to it?

Thanks,
Thida
Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ahh, that is a browser hotkey. I'm not sure that you can work around that issue from within Silverlight per articles like this:
http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/t/19032.aspx

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0232) was released 10 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.