How to drag-drop in Syntax Editor

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by James Deadman
Version: 11.1.0544
Hi,

I've been trying to determine how to enable drag-drop in the Syntax Editor control but i cant seem to determine how to do this.

I've looked through the help file and tried the sample browser, but i couldnt determine the answer.

The reason is that we need to drag the selection out of the window to drop onto another window. Could you tell me how i might achieve this please?

Thanks,
James

Comments (5)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi James,

Sorry but drag/drop isn't yet supported in the WPF SyntaxEditor. Now that we've gotten past a bulk of the .NET Languages Add-on implementation, we plan on hopefully adding it in the 2011.2 version.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for your reply.

Ah i see, i thought i might have been doing something wrong.

Thats a shame, we intended to use this feature shortly for our upcoming release version(mid August). It was for the Editor selection to be dropped into other UI/panels as part of our design.

If it can be added into the next version it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
James
Just FYI... per this blog post, drag and drop has been implemented for the WPF SyntaxEditor in its upcoming 2011.2 version:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2011/08/24/SyntaxEditor-Drag-and-Drop.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for letting us know, thats great news.

Can i please ask roughly when the 2011.2 version will become available please?
Hi James,

The SyntaxEditor update pieces are about ready to go, however we're doing a major overhaul with themes across all products and are adding native control themes that match our custom themes. We still need to finish that up before it will be ready. It may still be several weeks yet, but we're working as fast as we can on it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.