Posted 8 years ago by NorthGates - NorthGates Systems
Version: 4.0.0287
If on one line I have an error, the parser stops looking further down the document. Is there a way to display span indicator error for all errors in a document. I remove some error span indicators (kind of overriding xsd validation) but the document will not show any errors pass this point.

Comments (4)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We'd probably need a new simple sample project from you that shows what you mean. The add-on shows multiple errors for us when we test it. If you want to make a sample for us to view, please rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked and email it to our support address.

Actipro Software Support

Well it would take too long. I managed to have all the error indicator to show but as soon as I remove an error indicator from the code below, the error above the line will show but not the ones after.
void editor_DocumentIndicatorAdded(object sender, IndicatorEventArgs e)
{
    // Remove any syntax errors that has this tag prefix ie: <aa:myTagName> ... "'aa' is an undeclared prefix. Line 5, position 3." 
    if (e.Indicator is SyntaxErrorSpanIndicator)
    {
        SyntaxErrorSpanIndicator si = (SyntaxErrorSpanIndicator)e.Indicator;
        if (((SyntaxError)si.Tag).Message.Contains("'aa'"))
        {
            Console.WriteLine(((SyntaxError)si.Tag).Message);
            editor.Document.SpanIndicatorLayers[SyntaxErrorSpanIndicator.DefaultName].Remove(si);
        }
    }
}
Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
NorthGates,

I wouldn't recommend changing indicators there. Instead, handle the DocumentSemanticParseDataChanged event (perhaps even on an OnDocumentSemanticParseDataChangedoverride of your language), and look at the CompilationUnit that was returned. It has a SyntaxErrors collection on it that you can modify, I believe before the UI gets updated.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks Admin for pointing to the right location, it works but what I did is in the prefilter memberlist I removed the aa: then in the event below I catch the namespace endswith.
Here is the code:

protected override void OnDocumentSemanticParseDataChanged(Document document, EventArgs e)
        {
            base.OnDocumentSemanticParseDataChanged(document, e);
            if (document.SemanticParseData == null) return;
            IList syntaxErrors = ((ICompilationUnit)document.SemanticParseData).SyntaxErrors;

Console.WriteLine("Errors Before: {0}", syntaxErrors.Count);
            for (int index = 0; index < syntaxErrors.Count; index++)
            {
                SyntaxError error = (SyntaxError)syntaxErrors[index];
                if (error.Message.Contains("/aa"))
                    ((ICompilationUnit)document.SemanticParseData).SyntaxErrors.RemoveAt(index);
            }
            Console.WriteLine("Errors After: {0}", syntaxErrors.Count);
        }
The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0341) was released 10 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.