Can't reverse SourceProjectContent.LoadForFile

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Brook Hunter
Hello,

I am using the SyntaxEditor with the .NET Languages Add-On to provide Intellisense for C# files that I can 1) Add and 2) Exclude from my project.

I am able to successfully get intellisense appearing for newly added files by using the following code:

_dotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent.LoadForFile(_cSharpSyntaxLanguage, myFullFilePath);

However, when I remove a single file from my project, I am unable to reverse this process, because I can't find any kind of method like:

_dotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent.RemoveForFile(_cSharpSyntaxLanguage, myFullFilePath);

Also, the following code doesn't remove the Intellisense for a file just removed from my project:

_dotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent.Clear();

How can I get the Intellisense to go away for a C# code file that was first added to Intellisense via _dotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent.LoadForFile(_cSharpSyntaxLanguage, myFullFilePath); ?

Thank you very much in advance,

Brook

Comments (3)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brook,

The SourceProjectContent.Clear method removes source file reflection data. Such as in our .NET Reflection QuickStart, if we add this line in response to a toolbar button click, the quick info for the ColorButton class no longer works since the source file data for it has been removed:
dotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent.Clear(Program.ProjectPath + @"ColorButton.cs");

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Brook Hunter
Hello,

Thanks for the tip. I tried this, and it didn't work in my situation, because I forgot to tell you something else that is probably causing the problem, which I also can't figure out how to fix:

In addition to adding each file that is added to my project to Intellisense with the following line:

_dotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent.LoadForFile(_cSharpSyntaxLanguage, myFullFilePath);

I also add support dynamically compiling all the C# code files into an assembly, which I also add to Intellisense when the application starts up, using the following code:

_dotNetProjectResolver.AddExternalReference(MyDllFilePath);

The problem is, even though I remove the Intellisense from the code file with the code you showed me (dotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent.Clear(MyFilePath);), the Intellisense is still showing up.

Do I need to write another line of code to tell the Intellisense that my assembly's compiled code has changed, i.e. no longer has the compiled code from the file I just removed?

Thanks a lot,

Brook
Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brook,

If you are loading duplicates (via source and binary) of the same types, that isn't really a good thing to do. You should only do one or the other.

Once an assembly is loaded and since an assembly is a large unit of code, you'd either need to refresh it in its entirety (via AssemblyCodeRepository.Refresh) or remove it as a reference altogether (via DotNetProjectResolver.RemoveExternalReference), whichever thing is appropriate for your scenario.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2020.1 build 0400) was released 24 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.