Registering multiple taggers causes a slowdown

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Charles Muller - Software Engineer, Orelogy Geotechnical
Version: 10.2.0533
Hi,

I need to understand what I need to do to improve the performance of tagging, when I'm using both a TokenTaggerProvider & a TextViewTaggerProvider in my language.

When I register both (see below), changing the selection in a large document (say, over a hundred lines) there is a noticeable lag. E.g. simply placing the caret over different items or selecting a block of text.

this.RegisterService(new TokenTaggerProvider<ReportScriptTokenTagger>());
this.RegisterService(new TextViewTaggerProvider<WordHighlighter>(typeof(WordHighlighter)));
Using one without the other & this problem goes away.

The WordHighlighter class was copied verbatim from your Highlight Word Quickstart.

The ReportScriptTokenTagger isn't particularly involved. It's based on TokenTagger & utilizes a classification type provider generated using your Language Designer tool.

Cheers,

Charles.

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles,

David from your company e-mailed the same question over earlier today. Please only submit support requests one place or the other as things get difficult to track otherwise. Thanks!

Do you see the slowdown in our QuickStart for this as well, or only in your application?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.