Initially collapsed region blocks not rendering correctly.

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Charles Mathis
Version: 11.1.0545
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)
I'm getting a UI bug related to region blocks.

1) Open new document with collapsed regions.
2) The collapsed and expanded region UI is visible. A plus icon is visible, indicating that it is supposed to be collapsed.
3) When I click on the plus icon, the collapsed region UI is hidden and the plus icon changes to a minus icon. The expanded region UI remains visible.
4) When I click on the minus icon, the region is correctly collapsed, and the plus icon replaced the minus icon.

This seems to be the case with all regions that I've tested with.

Take a look at this to see what I mean:
http://screencast.com/t/cpRk4coRY

Thanks,
Charlie

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles,

I'm not able to reproduce that when I open a C# file containing a #region with the latest builds using our SDI Editor sample. Are you sure you have the latest version and in your application, did you follow the Getting Started steps for the .NET add-on, such as setting up the ambient parse request dispatcher?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Charles Mathis
I'm using WPFStudio v11.1.0545 and I set up everything according to the Getting Started section for the .Net Add-In, so the ambient parse request dispatcher is working. Everything seems to be working pretty well except for this weird bug. If I find out more info I'll let you know. Thanks for taking a look.

This is what I have in my OnStartup in my App.xaml.cs:
protected override void OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) {
    ThemeManager.CurrentTheme = CommonThemeName.Office2010Black.ToString();

AmbientParseRequestDispatcherProvider.Dispatcher = new ThreadedParseRequestDispatcher();

var asmRepo = new DirectoryInfo(Path.Combine(My.Application.UserAppDataPath, @"SyntaxEditor\AssemblyRepository"));
    if (!asmRepo.Exists) {
        asmRepo.Create();
    }
    AmbientAssemblyRepositoryProvider.Repository = new FileBasedAssemblyRepository(asmRepo.FullName);

base.OnStartup(e);
}
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles,

Perhaps you could make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email that over so we can take a look and debug it. Please make sure you rename the .zip file extension so that it doesn't get spam blocked. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.