Disable ribbon context menu in Backstage

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Jan Ambroz
Version: 11.1.0545
Hello,

I would like to ask whether is possible to completely disable the mandatory context menu (present on every ribbon item) for a particular item, specifically for items in Backstage tabs, where is no sense in having such a context menu. Setting ContextMenu="{x:Null}" does not help. Only solution is to replace the mandatory context menu with my own empty menu and setting its Visibility="Collapsed". This would do the trick, but you must agree that this is kind of stupid solution.

So far, I am at least able to disable the Add to QAT item (which is really without any sense for a Backstage item).

Any help would be really appreciated, best regards,

Honza Ambroz.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Jan Ambroz
I was able to place the special empty context menu with collapsed visibility to shared resource dictionary, which allows me to use it using {StaticResource .. whenever I need to disable the ContextMenu. So far, so good.

But still, it would be better to use some kind of attached property or something to disable it without assigning this empty menu every time.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Honza,

Thanks for reporting this, we've disabled the QAT-related context menu for Backstage since it should be not showing up there. This update will be in the next version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.