Token keys are null

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Kasper
Version: 11.1.0545
Hi guys,

I'm not really sure if this is a bug or by design, but it seems that if a character is not a part of the language definition, it will still be read as a token, but its key will be set to null. This can be seen e.g. in the PHP language, where ; (which means the same in PHP as in C#) has not been defined. In the SDI Code Editor you can even see that the key is null by setting the cursor just before a semicolon. Is this by design? In SE for WinForms, the key would be set to Default, which I think makes pretty good sense. My problem obviously is that I have quite a bit of code which doesn't really expects a null reference when the token is defined. Please let me know your thoughts on this :)

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kasper,

You could probably set a DefaultTokenKey="Default" attribute on the default state to implement it how you want.

If that isn't set and no valid token is matched in a state, then it will default to a null key.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.