How to bind ribbon gallery mediaImaging:BitmapImage?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Aimee
Version: 11.1.0543
Hi,

I have a simple gallery in my ribbon, much like the one in your sample application:

<ribbon:RibbonGallery Name="gallery" MediumVariantColumnCount="4" ImageSourceLarge="/Images/Ribbon/Actions32.png" IsSelectionHighlightVisible="True" Label="Form Layout" ScreenTipDescription="Manage Items">
  <ribbon:RibbonGallery.ItemsSource>
    <x:Array Type="{x:Type mediaImaging:BitmapImage}">
      <mediaImaging:BitmapImage ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Add New Item" x:Name="Add" UriSource="/Images/Ribbon/Add.png"/>
       <mediaImaging:BitmapImage ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Delete Item" x:Name="Delete" UriSource="/Images/Ribbon/Delete.png"/>
    </x:Array>
  </ribbon:RibbonGallery.ItemsSource>
  <ribbon:RibbonGallery.ItemTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
      <Image Margin="2" Source="{Binding BindsDirectlyToSource=True}" Stretch="None"/>
    </DataTemplate>
  </ribbon:RibbonGallery.ItemTemplate>
  <ribbon:RibbonGallery.PopupContent>
    <StackPanel>
      <ribbon:PopupGallery InitialColumnCount="4" IsSelectionHighlightVisible="True" ItemTemplate="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Mode=FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type ribbon:RibbonGallery}}, Path=ItemTemplate}" ItemsSource="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Mode=FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type ribbon:RibbonGallery}}, Path=ItemsSource}" />
    </StackPanel>
  </ribbon:RibbonGallery.PopupContent>
</ribbon:RibbonGallery>
Since I am using mediaImaging:BitmapImage for this gallery how do I bind it to do something? It doesn't function like a normal ribbon button and have a command option. I have looked at your sample application, but none of your mediaImaging:BitmapImage gallery items actually bind and do something.

Please give advice how to bind.

Many thanks

[Modified at 11/22/2011 04:01 AM]

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You could make your own custom data object that has a BitmapImage property and a Command property on it. Then use that object type as your items source instead of BitmapImage directly, and bind to the properties of your custom object.

I should also mention that you may need to override ItemContainerStyle with a Style for GalleryItem that sets its Command property to a command binding as well.

[Modified at 11/22/2011 07:32 AM]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.