Common RequestNavigate event

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Kasper
Version: 11.2.0550
Hi guys,

After getting my hands on the latest build of SyntaxEditor, I was finally able to implement stuff like parameter hints - great! However, it seems that I have to handle the RequestNavigate separately for each of the types of info I wish to display, which in my case is completion lists, parameter info and quick info. The way I see it, that leads to three different places where I have to handle this event, or at least bind an event handler to it. I then support multiple languages, where I have to support the same things (completion, parameters, quick info) but in a different way, leading to quite a bit of event handler assigning :). Why not have an event on the SyntaxEditor it self, where you can bubble these events up to? In my case, I have to treat most of the links with the exact same code, so it would really make the most sense - perhaps other customers are in the same situation?

Perhaps this is already possible, but I haven't been able to find anything about it in the documentation. Let me know what you think :)

Update: Okay, I might be doing something wrong here, but even doing it the hard way and manually hooking up these events doesn't seem to work. Before opening a session, I add an eventhandler like this:

session.RequestNavigate += new System.Windows.Navigation.RequestNavigateEventHandler(session_RequestNavigate);

And the link is a simple link to Google, yet when I click it, absolutely nothing happens - my session_RequestNavigate method is not called at all. Am I missing something here?

[Modified at 11/22/2011 09:01 AM]

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks, we looked into this and it appears that the link is stealing focus when clicked and that in turn is kicking in some logic that closes down the popups before the RequestNavigate event ever fires. That sort of tracking was changed in a past version, which apparently broke RequestNavigate.

We've made a code tweak for the next maintenance release that should fix the problem.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.