The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 22 years ago by Manel - Spain
Hello everybody.
I buyed SpiderWriter some months ago to learn WebPages authoring. I feel it's more usefull that comercial products.

Now, we are creating PHP pages, but syntax highlight is not enough to help work. I'd like to have a similar suppor that it exist for ASP pages.

Are you thinking to introduce PHP suport on next releases?

Comments (9)

Posted 22 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but we are not all that familiar with PHP so it's hard for us to implement features for it. The next release of Spider Writer will most likely support ASP.NET.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 22 years ago by Yeti
SW is the best editor I have used to date, but I am now writting more PHP pages so I would also like to see more PHP support in Spider Writer. Just some simple template stuff would make life a whole lot easier, eg <?php ?> tags, include and require statements, $_SERVER, $_COOKIE, $_GET, $_POST variables, $row variable for use with MySQL, if/else templates.
OK, the list is endless, but I hope these ideas are worth considering. If you want some concrete examples in more depth I'd be pleased to provide them.
Here's hoping.
Posted 20 years ago by Rob N
I'd like to add my vote for PHP. Spider Writer has been a great environment to develop my web writing skills, and it has been especially useful in developing my ASP knowledge. However, I am now finding the limitations of the ASP environment to be a problem (mainly the tie-in into the Microsoft model) and would like to move on. PHP seems to be the next logical step. I don't think it needs wizards, but a plug-in that added recognition of PHP tags and a small tool bar like the ASP tool bar, that added the commonly used tags like <? and ?>, would be great.

Rob
Posted 20 years ago by (Anonymous)
I've finally started working in PHP and Spider Write is still a good environment to do this. No you don't get the sample/wizard tools or autocomplete that you get with ASP, but if you use a <?php tag to enter your php scripts rather than just <? you get useful highlighting. It certainly beats trying to do it in a basic text editor, and all the HTML tools are still there.

So my initial worries were unjustified. However, would it take much work to add some simple php wizards?

So Spider writer is still my favourite web editor!!!!
Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Rob you could get our plugin making kit and make some yourself.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by (Anonymous)
Quote:
<font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Actipro Software Support:

Sorry, I haven't check this site for a little while.

Rob you could get our plugin making kit and make some yourself.<HR>

How do I get the pluggin kit? I'd love to add my own wizards.
<A HREF="http://www.spiderwriter.com/swdevkit.zip" TARGET=_blank>http://www.spiderwriter.com/swdevkit.zip</A>

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by Rob N
Am I sad to be getting quite excited about putting together some pluggins? I've been developing my VB skills over the last year, so this will make a nice little project for me. Splendid!

The help file with the plugin states "If you require technical support, please visit the Developer Center and post a message in the Plugin Development forum." Where is the Plugin Development forum?
We didn't get many posts so that forum is closed. You can email us with questions but you can read the included documentation and it's pretty straightforward.

Actipro Software Support