table resizing and ASP using IIS

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 22 years ago by nbarhorst
Got this from a friend that just started using Spider Writer:

------------------------
While in Design mode, I would like the tables to be editable similar to tables created using Microsoft Word. That is, I want the ability to drag the horizontal and vertical boundaries to make varying size cells. Also, I should be able to select a cell and/or range of cells and right-click to get the list of common actions and properties (cell alignment options, properties, dynamic or fixed size, etc.). Text too should have properties so that I can change fonts, sizes, colors, etc. (again, a la Microsoft Word). I expect most users will want these functions since GUI editing is probably more popular. Even for a manual designer, such as myself, this functionality should exist.

Lastly, if it is somehow possible, is there anyway to preview an .ASP page and utilize the IIS processing of the page? I have many ASP routines that generate many redundant HTML contructs (such as a table with a bullet in a cell and parameter text that appears in the right-most cell) that do not appear in the Designer. If such routines were evaluated, I could better tailor the page to fit the layout I desire. Using IE to view the page and juggle between Design and Document views gets to be a pain.
--------------

Thanks!

Nathan

Comments (1)

Posted 22 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Nathan,

I believe you can change a lot of the font settings of text within table cells. For the GUI interface, the design view portion is a Microsoft component that comes with IE so if it doesn't already have the ability to resize boundaries, I'm afraid I can't add that feature.

For ASP viewing, look at using projects. There is a URL you can set to browse through for all page previews.

As a general recommendation, if you do ASP or other server-sided coding, you probably don't want to use Design view.

Actipro Software Support