XAML Breaking changes in v11.2.551

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Tom P.
Version: 11.2.0551
This has been the most arduous (yeah, I went there) migration to date for our team.

The Help does give some information on breaking changes, and those were helpful. But, I've found the following properties that I cannot find direct analogues for:

DockingCommonDictionary.DocumentTabBorderNormalBrushKey
DockingCommonDictionary.DocumentTabBackgroundNormalBrushKey
RibbonCommonDictionary.RibbonControlOuterBorderSelectedBrushKey
RibbonCommonDictionary.RibbonControlOuterBorderHoverBrushKey
RibbonCommonDictionary.RibbonControlSmallBackgroundHoverBrushKey
RibbonCommonDictionary.RibbonControlInnerBorderHoverBrushKey
RibbonStyles.TextBoxKey
RibbonStyles.CheckBoxKey
RibbonStyles.StatusBarSliderKey
DoubleEditBox.IsNullContentVisible
RibbonStyles.StatusBarSliderDecreaseButtonKey
PropertyGridCommonDictionary.SummarySplitterBackgroundBrushKey

Any help in this regard would be sweet.

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tom,

Great vocabulary! :) Sorry for all the brush/style updates but for the 2011.2 release we wanted to consolidate all our brush assets and styles across products so that it's much easier going forward to have a consistent look both between our custom controls and the native WPF controls (which we now can fully theme as well).

Let me help with the properties...

All the Docking tabbed MDI tab brushes use assets like themes:AssetResourceKeys.TabbedMdiContainerTabItem*. There are some other assets themes:AssetResourceKeys.TabbedMdiContainerTabControl* which refer more to the tabbed MDI host.

Most of the ribbon control state brushes now use the various themes:AssetResourceKeys.ToolBarButton* assets. Assets that start with ToolBarButton refer to the normal (small) size and for large backgrounds, those will start with ToolBarButtonLarge.

For the RibbonStyles, we now have complete theming for native WPF controls. All of those are accessible via themes:SharedResourceKeys. So the TextBox style is themes:SharedResourceKeys.TextBoxBaseStyleKey and the status bar slider is themes:SharedResourceKeys.StatusBarEmbeddedSliderStyleKey. The related decrease button for the slider is themes:SharedResourceKeys.StatusBarEmbeddedSliderDecreaseButtonBaseStyleKey.

For DoubleEditBox.IsNullContentVisible, we consolidated anything in our controls that used to have features like null content or watermarks to be called "hints" instead. This upgrade is described in the Editors documentation topic called "Converting to 2011.2". So you'd want to use IsHintVisible now.

For PropertyGrid, we updated that to use a lot of our more generic "container" brushes. Container brushes are used throughout various products. The splitter for instance is using themes:AssetResourceKeys.ContainerDarkBackgroundNormalBrushKey.

I hope that helps you out.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.