Update on parentheses matching?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Jeff Key
Version: 11.1.0545
Is parentheses matching in the WPF syntax editor yet? I poked around and didn't see anything. Not critical, but certainly a nice-to-have.

Comments (8)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jeff,

Bracket highlighting-like features aren't implemented yet (still on the TODO list), but IntelliPrompt parameter info is in.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Jeff Key
Thanks for the update.

BTW, we're (Chicago) sending a nice snowstorm your (Cleveland) way. Enjoy!
I saw that... I was hoping you guys would keep it to yourselves! :)

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Kasper
I would really like to see bracket matching in the next version as well - fingers crossed here :)

Also, what's the status for SmartTags? I really liked the implementation of it in SyntaxEditor for WinForms, but are SmartTags planned for the next release or is it further into the future?
Hi Kasper,

Sorry no status updates on those yet. Both are on the TODO list. Right now we're finishing up the new major WinForms controls updates (as described in recent blog posts) and will be rolling out a new site. Then we'll work on more WPF SyntaxEditor updates for its next major version.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Kasper
Oh my... I moved from WinForms to WPF primarily because you seemed to have total focus on WPF and wouldn't give me any indication on when the WinForms controls would be updated to match the features of your WPF suite. Now that I have made the huge transition to WPF, you're telling me that your focus is now on WinForms and you can't give me any timeframe for when the features that I need and are already in WinForms will be implemented in the WPF version? Are you guys by any chance messing with me just for the fun of it? :D

Oh well, fingers crossed for this to move along quickly, since right now, releasing my application would be a step-down feature-wise from the previous version, because of the lack of CodeSnippets, SmartTags, bracket matching and indicators.
Hi Kasper,

Nothing has changed in our goals. Customers have been asking for VS 2010 projects and client profile support in WinForms for quite a long time now so that is what we're delivering with their next version, along with major internal restructuring of our WinForms controls to match how we develop, license, and deploy our WPF/Silverlight controls. This restructuring makes it easier to possibly share code between platforms in the future, something we already do between WPF/Silverlight.

In a recent blog post, we described what we're working on for the coming months. The WinForms updates is one. They are code complete now and are in beta testing. Deploying a new company web site that has been in development for over a year is another. We expect to have that done shortly. Then it's back to full time working on 2012.1 versions of WPF/Silverlight.

We plan on adding a new product for those versions as well as continuing SyntaxEditor enhancements. Please be patient, SyntaxEditor is a high priority for us as well.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We're happy to announce that delimiter highlighting has been added as a feature in the upcoming 2012.2 versions of SyntaxEditor. More detail is here:

http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post.aspx?id=f0d37707-b41e-4f62-aca6-f92be80fba0e

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.