Can SW automatically add tags to images

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 23 years ago by -- - Michigan
I'm a Homesite refugee looking for a substitute to that buggy trash. I like SpiderWriter and its customizability. But is there a way to tell it to automatically put image tags, including height and width, with relative URLs -- like Homesite -- when I drag and drop an image from a Windows Explorer window? All it does now is plop in the absolute path to the image, ie: c:\work\graphic.jpg.

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the complements. Spider Writer does have what you want however you have to do it internally. For instance, all you need to do is use the Local Files sidebar (which is essentially the same as Windows Explorer). Use this sidebar to browse your hard drive and network shares. You can drag and drop images in the Local Files file list into your documents while in Document Source view and it will insert the width, height, relative URL (if the main document has been saved), and even an ALT attribute if the option is set in the Settings dialog.

We may include drag and drop functionality for Windows Explorer in the future, however nobody has ever really needed it since the Local Files sidebar accomplishes the same thing.

Let us know if you need any more help with this.

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

Posted 23 years ago by -- - Michigan
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, in fact, after I posted I got to wondering if there was a tab for the local files directory from within SpiderWeb, and I found it. And it works well.

I think I still prefer drag-and-drop, if for no other reason than I can open a much larger explorer window with all my source art, meaning less scrolling to find what I want. And that way I can leave up my snippets window, or whatever else I need.

Still, it's a minor issue in comparison to the overall performance of the product.

Thanks again.
Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
As a side note, you can drag and drop the sidebars to any side of the main window. You also can float them.

In your case, by moving the Local Files sidebar to right side, you could still see the Snippets sidebar as well as the Local Files sidebar.

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.