Support for PHP and foreign languages?

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 21 years ago by Eduardo Unda-Sanzana
Hi,

I have detected two weird behaviours in SW.

1) I call a PHP script to write my HTML headers, so the first line in one of my files is always something like:

<?php include("header.php"); ?>

Thus, I do not need SW to write:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

etc, etc whenever I open the file in DesignView. Even if I wanted it to automatically write something, I would like to be able to define what that something is (e.g. I could decide to use 'strict' instead of 'transitional').

2) I expected DesignView to translate the accented characters I type, into their corresponding HTML entities, but it does not! In my case the whole point of using DesignView is to make easier the process of typing accented characters, of which my first language (Spanish) has a lot. The automatic insertion of HTML entities in the code view is not really a great help, because after a while you lose readibility of the text. DesignView is great to keep the readibility, but it does not perform the conversion...

Could you please tell me if all this is intended to be so and whether there is some way to change these behaviours?

Cheers,

Eduardo

Comments (1)

Posted 21 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortunately the design view part of Spider Writer uses Microsoft's Internet Explorer engine as the control so I can't modify how it changes things. Sorry.

Actipro Software Support