Toolbar config - running on empty

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 20 years ago by gordian
Is there any way to suppress the "Empty" toolbar? I've looked, but haven't been able to figure it out. Having it there causes two problems for me which are relatively binconsequential but rather annoying. When I travel I often have to write code on the smallest road warrior in captivity, i.e. my Toshiba Libretto 70CT, with its tiny 6" 640x480 screen. I use a pretty lean and mean working config in SW to avoid wasting too many of those precious pixel rows on menus and toolbars; imagine my aggravation, then, at being permanently saddled with the double-height Empty toolbar, which kills twice the vertical real estate of my own custom toolbar while serving no purpose whatsoever. Another problem, and one which occurs only on the Libretto (which of course is the only place where it matters), is that every time I load SW it starts with that same Empty toolbar in its fully extended position, i.e. stretched all the way to the left and covering most of my real toolbar. So at the beginning of every session I have to drag the thing back into its least obtrusive position. Oh, I know, in the grand scheme of things this isn't a very big deal, but there's a Chinese water torture quality to it that can get to you after a while... not to mention that it always seems as though that second problem is deliberately rubbing my nose in the first.

Other than that, I swear by SW and love it fiercely. If I can just find the solution to this one silly thing, I will be ready to consider it about as close to perfect as any web editor is likely to get. Maybe it is already....

Comments (2)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Gordian,

I'm glad to hear you love the product. Unfortunately right now there is no way to hide the tabbed toolbars. I'll write that down as a feature request though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by gordian
Thanks! It's always good to know someone is listening and paying attention....