QuickInfoRequested and InfoTip

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Ashton - Developer, Schema Solutions LLC
When doing the QuickInfoRequested, is the tip that is displayed an infotip from the SE namespace?

If so, is it possible in the QuickInfoRequested event to either specify a tooltip text that would break into multiple pages much like you can currently do for overloads or is it possible to add the second/third/N infotips using the object model?

Basically the user hovers over an object and I want to display info about the object but I currently limit the object displayed. I was wanting the ability to be able to use infotips similar to how they work for overloads to basically show pages, so first infotip would be:

Object (Page1)

And then a second page would be

Object (Page2)

If you are taking the text provided in QuickInfo and creating/showing a tooltip, would it maybe be possible to add the ability to create multiple infotip pages (maybe by specifying something in the tooltip text returned like <hr> or something)?

Thanks,

Ashton

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
They are separate tips unfortunately. However you could probably just tell it to not show a QuickInfo tip and show the InfoTip programmatically. You'd have to tell it when to change/hide the InfoTip though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.