preventing space from intelliprompt completion

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by kelleyma49
How do I prevent the spacebar from causing the intelliprompt to complete the current token?

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Try adding a space character to the IntelliPromptMemberList.AllowedCharacters collection.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by kelleyma49
That seems to work. Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago by Thomas Goff
Is it possible to have the space only complete the member list if it doesn't match an entry in the list?

For example, if the list includes:

FirstString
Second String

Then if I have typed "Second" then hit the space, it could match the space in second string in the list. But right now, it dismisses the member list. This is only really an issue if the list included things like:

String One
String Two

In this case, if I have typed "String" then hit space, it selects the first entry even though I was about to type "T".

Fyi, I'm still on the 3.1.x code base.

Thanks
Tom
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tom,

To do that sort of complex handling, you'd probably have to add space to the IntelliPromptMemberList.AllowedCharacters collection. Then also maybe handle the SyntaxEditor.KeyTyped event and if the member list is displayed and the selected item doesn't have a space, call the member list's Complete method.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.