The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 19 years ago by Daniel Herrera
Question:
I have a 2 user controls, both in two different document windows and I would like to use a button click on one to call a method and update the other document window, in this case the other document window is a map. The only other way I have been able to get anything passed to a document window is to destroy it and re-create it...something like this:

documentWindow.Hide();
documentWindow = dwManager1.CreateDocumentWindow(...

As a side note, I've been able to call methods and update/refresh other tool windows from document windows without any issues, the reverse seems to be more problematic...is there an easier way to do this? Thanks

Comments (5)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm not sure what the problem could be. Document windows are objects just the same as tool windows are so if you have the proper reference to them, you should be able to work with them fine. I'd double check your code to make sure you have the proper reference.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the reply, I do have all of the references to the document windows and I can pass information to them, but they never "update" themselves unless I hide/re-create them. I was just wondering if there was another way. Thanks
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Can you explain exactly what you mean by them not updating themselves? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Well I have a map in one document window and one of the tool windows has a treeview which can change the map extent. The method gets called and the code to update the map gets run, but in the end the map does not change it's extent. I threw a button on the map to run the same code and it runs fine....I've tried to do something similar with a web browser in a document window and sending it a URL from another control but the URL never fires off, and the page never launches, it always looks like it is going to when I step through the code. I know I'm missing something here.. Thanks for your help
Thanks again for your help, I think I've figured it out