new buttons in the wizard form?

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Lijo
Hi,
I have downloaded the trail version. Before buying I would like to validate our requirement with the control:
Is it possible to add a new button in the line of "back", "next" buttons. This button is called "view log" and we need to make sure that this is always available just like the way we have the "back", "next" buttons.
Pl let me know,
Thanks!
Lijo

Comments (7)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sure you can do this... just add your button to the Controls collection of the Wizard. The Wizard control fires a LayoutButtons event when it positions buttons. If you handle that you can align your button with the others.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the prompt reply!
I tried adding cotrol to the Wizards controll collection.
Could you provide me a sample code to do the alignement inside LayoutButtons please?
Thanks!!
Sure... once you've added the button do something like this in the event handler:
if (button != null)
    button.Location = new Point(7, e.BackButtonLocation.Y);

Actipro Software Support

great!! got it.........Thanks!!
Posted 19 years ago by Rookie
Im still confused on how to do this? Have any more detailed instructions on how to do this?
Posted 19 years ago by Rookie
Also how do i get the finish button to show up on the wizard form? Will it only show up on "exterior" pages?

[Modified at 07/25/2005 11:50 AM]
This VB code can be inserted at the end of the constructor of our MainForm.vb and demonstrates an external button:
Dim button As Button = New Button()
button.Text = "Test"
Me.Wizard.Controls.Add(button)
button.Location = New Point(10, Me.ClientSize.Height - 30)
You can set the WizardPage class' FinishButtonEnabled and NextButtonEnabled properties to show the Finish button instead of the Next button. Check out our sample project for a sample of doing that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.