OCL 2.0 Parsing, V3 ETA

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Martin Wawrusch 2
I need to implement code highlighting for OCL 2.0. We do have a complete parser for it, which we would like to use it instead of the Editors parser (OCL 2.0 is a beast, and we are happy that it's working now:-). Is this possible? If so, where should I start looking (Haven't worked with Syntax Editor for quite a while). Also, is there an ETA for Version 3.0 of Syntax Editor?

Regards

Martin
PS: You did a great job with the new website.

Comments (5)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We'll have a 3.0 beta ready soon. It's coming together very nicely.

Right after 3.0 is released, we're going to start working on improving the parsing model for a 4.0 version. This will entail adding features so that you can add custom lexical parsers instead of using ours. If you'd like to send us some ideas for how you'd like to plug into the parsing model, now is the time to do it! Let us know what methods/properties/events you need to be able to do lexical parsing and maintain a syntax parse tree.

Actipro Software Support

Good to hear. I will wait for the 3.0 beta and make myself familiar with the underlying architecture again. Based on that I can provide you with our requirements regarding the interface.
Great we'll look forward to your feedback.

Actipro Software Support

Just curious, is it possible to use a transparent background and no border with version 3.0?
You can turn off borders but it doesn't support a transparent bg.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.