New States refuse to be recognized even after copying nad pa

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Avalon - TX
I had this thing working in 2.5 but now for the life of me I cannot get it to create any custom states
I have tried both of the following however neither appear to be working. Am I doing something wrong that changed from version 2.5 to 3.0 because i got this working easily in 2.5 and now can't get extra states to be recongized even ever copying and pasting the multiline comment. Any help would be greatly appreciated as NOTHING what so ever seems to be recgonized except for the default values although I know that I am sending changes to it because if i change an existing style it shows up immediately. J

<State Key="TestCommentState" TokenKey="TestCommentDefaultToken" Style="CommentDefaultStyle">

<Scopes>
<Scope BracketHighlight="True">
<ExplicitPatternGroup Type="StartScope" TokenKey="TestCommentStartToken" Style="CommentDelimiterStyle" PatternValue="{" />
<ExplicitPatternGroup Type="EndScope" TokenKey="TestCommentEndToken" Style="CommentDelimiterStyle" PatternValue="}" />
</Scope>
</Scopes>

<PatternGroups>
<RegexPatternGroup TokenKey="TestCommentDefaultToken" PatternValue="[^}]+" />
</PatternGroups>
</State>

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
In 3.0, I plugged that exact code into a language definition here and added it to the ChildStates of the DefaultState and it recognized it ok.

Did you try loading the language in our sample project? If you do then place the caret over each character and in the status bar, it tells you what Token is under the caret. That's very useful for debugging languages.

Try that out and if you still can't get it working, please post some exact steps to repro the problem and we'll check it out.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Avalon - TX
Figured it out. I needed to be adding the State as a child state to the Default State
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.