Posted 19 years ago by (Anonymous)
I have v2.0.80.0 of the Wizard.

It seems to raise a Page Enter event when a user navigates away from a page as well as into it.

Is this expected behaviour and if so why?

TIA

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It's a side effect of using the DisableButtonsDuringPageChange property. With that, the buttons are disabled during a page change and Windows moves focus to the next control, which is the current page. Immediately after, focus is programmatically moved to the new page.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Warren J. Hairston - President, Logical Operators, Inc.
I am having the same problem in my code, only my Page Enter event handler is accessing a database to read in information. I'd love to have buttons disabled during page changes, but I can't allow the database to be hit twice as often as necessary (it's too time-consuming and it may undo the user's changes when he exits the page).

Would it be possible for you to "fix" this by adding a small (maybe 1 pixel x 1 pixel) transparent control at the same level as the buttons? The control would do nothing if clicked, but would always remain active so as to avoid the behavior described above when DisableButtonsDuringPageChanges = true. Effectively, it would receive the focus when the buttons are disabled.

Thanks in advance.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
This is now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Warren J. Hairston - President, Logical Operators, Inc.
I just downloaded v3.0.0123.0 and it seems to be fixed and working properly. Thanks for the quick feedback and update!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.