One last IntelliPromptMemberList question ;)

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Marianne
My MemberList may contain items whose string lengths are quite long. I wanted to limit the length to X number of characters and then add a '...' to the end. The description field contains the full text of the item. When they select the item from the MemberList I would like to know if there is a way to insert the contents of the description field instead of what is actually displayed in the MemberList? Thanks.

------------------------------- Marianne

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
So you want to insert text that is different that what is displayed... do I have that right?

If so, that's easy...
memberList.Add(new IntelliPromptMemberListItem("param", imageIndex, "Describes one of the parameters for the method.", "param name=\"", "\"/>"));
This shows how the list can add an item that shows "param" but when inserted will insert the text "param name=\"" before the caret and "\"/>" after. You can leave the post text null to just do a simple replace instead of a surround replace.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.