Posted 19 years ago by John
when I have enough text in the editor to make the scrollbars appear (style set to both) sometimes when I'm scrolling (happens somewhat often but so far I am unable to duplicate the crash at will) the whole thing crashes with an Arguement Out Of Range exception in WinUI Core.

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmmm... we haven't seen that happen yet. Can you try and narrow down repro steps so that we can dupe it in the sample application and post those? Then we'll get it fixed for you.

Actipro Software Support

OK I can replicate this now.

Create a new form with the syntax editor on it. Set the scrollbars to Both.
paste in text, where the text is like the following:

*has enough lines to make the vertical scrollbar become visible, but each line relatively short so the horizontal bar doesn't appear.
*now add one more line that is long enough for the horizontal scrollbar to appear, then a return (so it resets the horizontal position back to 0).

Now scroll up, then scroll back down to the end, and thats how I can duplicate the crash.
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi John, I tried following those steps but still can't get it it to crash. Could you possibly throw together a little sample project and send me exactly what to enter in your project to make it blow up?

Actipro Software Support

Sent project to support@actiprosoftware.com
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.