Reusing pattern groups

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Ajay
I have a pattern group of this kind in state A:
<ExplicitPatternGroup TokenKey="ReservedWordToken" Style="ReservedWordStyle" LookAhead="{NonWordMacro}" CaseSensitivity="AutoCorrect">
<ExplicitPatterns>
DENY ALIAS
</ExplicitPatterns>
</ExplicitPatternGroup>

Now if in another state B, I want to accept a superset of the above patterns say :
<ExplicitPatternGroup TokenKey="ReservedWordToken" Style="ReservedWordStyle" LookAhead="{NonWordMacro}" CaseSensitivity="AutoCorrect">
<ExplicitPatterns>
DENY ALIAS UNDERLYING NETUNDERLYING
</ExplicitPatterns>
</ExplicitPatternGroup>

How can I do that ?

Comments (5)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Right now you'd have to define the keywords in both groups as you did. I can add an item to the TODO list to allow some sort of pattern group inheritance though if you think that would help.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Ajay
Thanks for your prompt support. What would benefit me would be something simple like :

The ability to define something like this directly under the <SyntaxLanguage> tag :
<ExplicitPatterns Name="PATTERN-A">
DENY ALIAS
</ExplicitPatterns>

Then the ability to refer to this pattern anywhere in the file something like this :
<ExplicitPatterns>
UNDERLYING $PATTERN-A$ NETUNDERLYING
</ExplicitPatterns>
</ExplicitPatternGroup>

When you make new releases, do you notify registered users or do we need to periodically check the site ?
Thanks
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I'll add this to the TODO list.

The best way to be notified of releases is to sign up for our .NET controls newsletter. That usually indicates major new updates.

You can also check our main .NET page to see what build is currently out or can check our Announcements forum since we always post there for any release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Marina
Hello,

Is there any update on this? Are reusable groups implemented?
Regards, Marina
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Marina,

Sorry no updates on that request at this time.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.