WizardDialogForm as User Control

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Mark Mickelsen
I would like to create a user control that has the Actipro Wizard functionality, but without the predefined page appearance. If I understand it right, I can do this by making it a WizardDialogForm. Then I should be able to have my user control have multiple pages with back and forth control, conditional branching to different pages, etc. I can create a new user control in VS, but at that point I don't know how to modifiy the code to make it a WizardDialogForm. I'm relatively new at C# and VS and the various details of the declaration and inheritance statements are still pretty confusing to me. Would someone be kind enough to show me what I should do to make this work? Thanks in advance,
Mark

Comments (5)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mark,

Sorry but I'm a little confused by the request. Is it that you want to make a UserControl that itself is the Wizard with all the buttons and working wizard page functionality contained in it? Then you plan on using the UserControl containing the wizard on various Forms in your application?

[Modified at 05/23/2005 12:44 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Hi,
I think I get a little confused with the terms and use them incorrectly sometimes. What I want is a user control that has multiple pages to it. You can get to different pages by pressing buttons on the preceding pages. The next page you go to may depend, in some cases, on information you have supplied in text boxes, or with radio buttons, or in some other fashion. The pages need to have labels, text boxes, combo boxes, buttons, and maybe other standard forms on them.
I don't know if I am making things more understandable or more confusing. Does this help?
Mark
Hmm... I'm not sure if Wizard will work for that scenario. The reason is that the Wizard control displays the page header as well as all the navigation buttons in the footer area at the bottom.

It sounds like you want to have navigation buttons within your pages instead of displaying them in the footer area like a normal wizard and I don't think we can support that. Let me know if I understand incorrectly.

Actipro Software Support

I don't think that having the header at the top and the navigation buttons at the bottom is a problem. I just need to be able to have the other stuff in the middle, including the fact that I need to be able to make decisions as to what page the navigation buttons will take me to according to input given by the user.
Ok, well in that case, it wil work. You need to add an instance of the Wizard control to your UserControl. Then plug into the Wizard control's events.

The WizardDialogForm is essentially just a Form with a Wizard control on it. So in this situation you want to use the Wizard control, not the WizardDialogForm.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.