Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
I use space as an AutoReplaceTrigger and "." as a keypress trigger.

What I want is NOT correcting spelling errors but instead provide shortcut keys. For example, I want the user to be able to type "?+space" to get a statement like "debug.print".

However, there are two problems:
- the space trigger character is always included. I want it to be a trigger only and do NOT want the space to be actually added. Currently, typing in "?+space" results in "debug.print+space", but I want "debug.print" only.
- if the replacement text contains a keypress trigger, the keypress trigger event is raised even though there are lots of other keys following. I do not want keypress triggers to be raised by autoreplace text. Currently, the keypress trigger event shows an Infotip which is working fine with entered text but is completely located at the wrong place when auto replacement is kicking in.

Is there a way to cancel the keypress event if it results in an auto replace operation?
Is there a way to cancel the keypress trigger event if the keypress really comes from an auto replace operation?

Thanks!

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Key-press triggers are intended to insert text and then allow you to kick off some function like display a member list. They may not work for what you want.

Our new key processing model in version 3.0 is very slick though and might work out better for you. It allows you to attach to a KeyTyping event and cancel insertion of the key that was typed. That way you can monitor for a space and cancel the space's insertion if appropriate.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.