Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
Hey guys great to see such a vivid forum.
I am new to syntax editor, and to be honest it is *very hard* for me to get the many interesting features to work. Once they work, everything is great. But until then...

It would be so great if in the help file there were some short sample codes since they often say more than tons of pages of method tables... ;-)

Anyway, maybe you can help me with this. I was trying to add a SpellingErrorIndicator to a line and came this far:
editor.Document.Indicators.Add(

I don't know where to get a LineIndicator object. Trying to add one like this didn't work:
editor.Document.Indicators.Add(new SpellingErrorIndicator, 1)

Also, this wouldn't set the length and other important properties. At the end of a long day, I am confused. Help!

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
In the sample project's MainForm.cs, look at the editor_IndicatorMarginClick event handler. It shows how to add a breakpoint indicator. The spelling error one is added in the same fashion.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
Does anyone have code examples on how to create customized indicators?

What I need are variants of the existing indicators, specifically:
- a yellow background (similar to breakpoint but without margin icon)
- an image in the margin (similar to the breakpoint image but completely customizable)

From what I read, it shouldn't be complicated, but I am new to .NET and not yet familiar with rendering.
Any clues?
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.