Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
In VS 2003, you can select the renderer in the properties pane by clicking a link in the comments field. I just moved to VS 2005, and there the link to select the renderer is missing.
How can I set the renderer in VS 2005?

Also, where do I programmatically set the renderer for the tab that appears when I dock a tool window? I would like to use the office2003 renderer but use a different design for the tabs.

Comments (5)

I also noticed that in VS 2005 Beta 2, the tab design seems to have changed.
When I use VS 2005 renderer with dockmanager, then when hiding a tool window, the tab is a square rectangle. In real VS 2005, however, the tab looks like document tabs (rounded triangle-like tabs).
Is there any way to get this design with your control?
Thanx!
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tobias,

I fired up VS.NET 2005 Beta 2 and see the links to set the renderer in the design mode.

There are three renderers that are used in the dock controls. If you look at our sample project, check out the code for the menu items that change the renderers. That shows how to programmatically change all three.

The tabs in UIStudio 1.0 are based on the VS.NET 2005 Beta 1 tabs, which were the only thing out when we created UIStudio. We have a new version of UIStudio coming out very soon that has the Beta 2 tabs instead among some really hot other new features for the dock controls.

Actipro Software Support

I found other strange things that may explain why the links are missing.
While I am able to convert a VS 2003 project that uses your controls when I open it in VS 2005, I am unable to use your controls on a new project.
When I open the tools window and try to add controls, there are only 3 controls from your company which are all from assembly "shared". No other controls aside from the standard MS ones.

I do use VS 2003 side by side with VS 2005. I already tried to reinstall your controls with no luck.

Should I need to deinstall VS 2003?

Looking forward to your new version! Do you have a release date?

[Modified at 05/27/2005 02:23 PM]
Works now after adding the dll manually. Did work only after deinstalling VS 2003, though. Thanks for your help.

[Modified at 05/27/2005 02:59 PM]
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Release date may be this weekend or next. I'll write down to check out the toolbox issue. Adding manually like you did should always work though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.