Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
As far as I understand, SmartIndent determines the number of indentations for the NEXT line that gets inserted after someone presses ENTER.
In most cases, you want the closing part to indent immediately.
So I wonder if the only way to accomplish this really is calling "Outdent" for a selection.

I am asking this because it is a hassle to change the selection (after all, it is a UI component that the end user *sees* so it also needs to get set back after the operation).

I'd like to see either of this:
- a new property to smartIndent-Event that if set as true outdents the current line as well (the one ENTER was pressed on)
- a new method for documentline-Objects called "Outdent" that allows the document line to be outdented

In general, I wished all the methods accessible via selection were also accesible via something like a range object that is invisible to the user (it acts like a selection but really is invisible and independent from the UI). Or did I overlook something?

Comments (6)

Why is there no SetTabStopLevel corresponding to the existing GetTabStopLevel?
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It sounds like you want auto-format capabilities. There will be a point in the future where we'll need some input on how to implement those sorts of things since right now we're working on developing a core for advanced language parsing.

I'll write down to add a SetTabStopLevel method.

Actipro Software Support

OK, let me know once you're ready for action ;-)
Trying to get our heads around a good AST (abstract syntax tree) design first. Do you have any experience with those?

Actipro Software Support

Developed a couple parsing editors and now know pretty much *what* I want - not necessarily *how* to get it.
Anyway, we should email if there's anything I can do for you in terms of tossing in my experiences...
Sounds good... one we're farther into implementation we'll want some feedback on what we have and suggestions on improvement.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.