Draw Line above ToolWindowContainerTabStrip

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
I'm using the VS 2005 theme with DockControls, and this particular question deals with multiple ToolWindows attached to each other.

Each ToolWindow has a border (default color ControlDark) that is drawn around the selected ToolWindow. This border, however, is not drawn between the ToolWindow and the ToolWindowContainerTabStrip.

I've looked at the various settings and couldn't find one that indicated when to draw a line there. I don't know if it's new to Beta 2, but this is how Visual Studio 2005 draws the tabs.

I'm looking for something like this [sure wish we could attach screen prints :) ... ]

This is what it currently draws like:
|_             ______|
  \___\___\___/
and I want it to draw like this:
|____________________|
  \___\___\___/
Ah yes... the return of ASCII art :)

I can't just place a border around the control that is hosted in the ToolWindow because it will draw the border across the entire area (resulting in a 2-pixel wide border in areas where a border already exists).

Any suggestions?

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We've tweaked the renderers to work more accurately for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.