IntellipromptMemberlist

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
I just noticed that your IntellipromptMemberlist always opens downwards.
This is how VS2005 does it, too.
However, if an Intelliprompt Infotip is visible, it should (according to VS2005 and general logic) open upwards so that it does not cover the infotip.
There does not seem to be a built-in logic, so is there a way to force the memberlist to open upwards?
Currently, when I display an Infotip and then open a memberlist, they overlap...

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes we have that on the TODO list to correct it. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
Yep... I asked about this back in April :)

http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Support/Forums/ViewForumTopic.aspx?ForumTopicID=792

I know you're busy with a lot of work for UIStudio, but this is a limitation that's really holding me back on some of my IntelliSense work. Do you think this is something you'll be able to work in soon? Perhaps as a quick solution, you could add an overload to the 'CompleteWord' and 'Show' methods that allows the developer to specify a Point for the upper-left corner of the list. This would allow us to position it wherever we want and even open up new possibilities. Think you can make this happen?
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ok, it's implemented for the next maintenance release. If the info tip is visible when the member list displays, the member list will be above the caret now.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
You rock! Thank you! :)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.