Posted 19 years ago by Sam Demulling
I'm having an frequent problem with toolwindows causing a hang (no exception thrown, just unresponsive application off in actipro code somplace...) when performing certain docking operations.

The problem happens very frequently on some systems and almost never on other systems with the same setup. Actions that may cause the hang...

a. I close a document panel

b. I drag and drop a document panel to create a split document view or to dock as a non-document.

I don't get the problem docking a document in tab mode onto another document or in any auto-hide, etc operations.

Suggestions?

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Does this happen with our latest builds? There is a bug in the Microsoft .NET framework where SelectNextControl can go into an infinite loop. When we did testing originally, none of our systems could repro the bug but a couple of our customer testers could. So we tried working around all those things by having our testers see if changes we made worked around them. I'd like to know if this happens in our latest build because we thought we had worked around what can cause it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Sam Demulling
I think I do have the latest version as it's a very recent install, however here's my versions for confirmation:

ActiproSoftware.Shared: 1.0.72.0 / runtime v1.0.3705
ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock: 1.0.28.0 / runtime v1.0.3705
ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.NavigationBar: 1.0.28.0 / runtime v1.0.3705
ActiproSoftware.WinUICore: 1.0.72.0 / runtime v1.0.3705
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
With your annual subscription, I just updated your account to have version 1.5. Please try that out since it has the latest WinUICore as well and let me know if you still see the problem happening.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.