Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
Either grouped tool windows are extremely buggy in UIStudio, or I am doing something fundamentally wrong.
Aside from the grouping bug described in my other post today, try this:

Create a tool window and place a listview in it. Set the listview anchor to all four sides, and fill it with as much entries that the list view will display a scroll bar at run-time. Then, dock the tool window at the bottom of the window.

Launch the app. Everything works fine, the listview auto-expands and fills the entire tool window, and scroll bars are visible.

Next, add another tool window to the first one, making them a group. Then launch your app again.
This time, the client area of the tool window is completely wrong, way to large, and the list view expands so much that the scroll bars are invisible now.

To be honest, I spent almost 2 days now banging my head against the wall every 20 minutes trying to figure out what either I or VS 2005 were doing wrong. Now that I could narrow down both problems (and I hope I didn't make any invalid assumptions), it seems that the grouped toolbar feature of UIStudio needs some serious workup.

You've got a lot of credit for your extremely well done controls, so maybe I can return something by providing this info. If it was my fault after all and *I* did something wrong, please let me know and I'll apologize ;-)

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I can repro the bug where there are two tool windows attached and child controls of the second tool window seem to stretch. It seems to be something with the layout code. We'll look into it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
Did you fix this behavior by any chance?
I encountered a similar problem today when I put some combobox controls into the child control of a tool window and set its docking to all sides.
It stretched to fit the whole control real-estate instead of preserving its position.
When I put the same into a plain form, it works as expected.
We're still trying to track this one down.

Actipro Software Support

Today's maintenance release has the fix for this bug.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.