Posted 20 years ago by Alan Lambe
I am loading some a collection of strings into the InfoTip.Info list. Then I call InfoTip.Show(0); The InfoTip is consistently appearing at the top of the editor control, on the second line. It does not appear next to the editing location on the document. Do I have to set the location of the InfoTip? Is this even possible?

Thanks...

Comments (5)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes that is correct because the parameter to Show specifies the offset for which the tip should display. When you pass a zero, you tell it to show the tip for the first character in the document. You should pass the caret's offset instead of always zero.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the reply, unexpected on a Saturday. I thought the offset in the Show method referred to the default selection in the list... So it is the character offset in the document.

It would be nice to have the ability to set the X,Y location for the InfoTip, this would allow for greater flexibility. I am still having problems when showing an InfoTip and a MemberList at the same time. The InfoTip is showing up below the MemberList.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...
We're aware of that problem and have it on our TODO list. I'll try and get that fixed soon for you.

Actipro Software Support

It would be even better if I we had the ability to set an InfoTip on the MemberList. It should handle the rendering internally. Currently I cannot get the MemberList/InfoTip to work as it does in VisualStudio, the character offset is too rigid...

Thanks,
Alan
I believe that in VS.NET if the info tip is visible, the member list flips above the offset instead of below. We'd probably implement similar code to handle this.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.