Possible UIStudio docking error

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Chris Gilbert
I downloaded a evalution copy of UIStudio this weekend to work on a new prototype for my company. While using the dockManager, I had a problem with docking to the bottom of the form. It's probably a user error due to lack of experience with the product, but I'd thought I'd post here to see if someone could tell me what is going on.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Created a new application
2) Added the dockManager and created a toolWindow
3) Moved the toolWindow to the bottom of the form
4) Set the default state of the toolWindow to Auto-Hide, set all of its docking properties to false (except for the ones which allow it to dock to the bottom of the form and the one which allows it to auto-hide) and have the ability to have options turned off
5) Start the application and all looks well (the tab is at the bottom of the form)

(this is where things get buggy)
6) Select the tab and the "push-pin" to dock it - the item docks to the LEFT side of the form instead of the bottom)
7) Select the auto-hide "push-pin" and it hides on the left side of the form instead of the bottom
8) Select the "push-pin" again to dock it and it won't let me select it (which since I have the ability to dock to the left side of the form disabled, I assume this is correct).

Anyone have any thoughts on why it docks to the left instead of the bottom?

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Chris,

What version do you have? We had recently fixed a bug that sounds like what you're experiencing. This was fixed in 1.5.0036. Do you have that version?

Actipro Software Support

I'm not sure at the moment. I was doing this on my home system Friday night, so I can double check when I go home today.

I will say that I downloaded it about 9:30 Friday night, so it is probably the same version that is on the download server now.
I just checked the version of the files on my system. They are 1.5.0036.
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You're right... this is the opposite of the situation we fixed. It is now fixed for the next release. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.