Language Files and InfoTips

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Ashton - Developer, Schema Solutions LLC
2 Questions.

1. I accidentally changed my only copy of the language file I was using (the XML). Is there anyway to save the compiled .language file that is encrypted back as straight XML that can be edited again?

2. Is there a way to make infotips show so that the bottom of the infotip is directly above the cursor and possibly left aligned with a specific token (specifically the last loken typed)? I keep having the problem where the info tip obscures my typed when I show it below since in some cases I insert text below after the user types a current token and the infotip obscures it so I was wanting to show it above the current token such that the bottom of the tip would be above the current token/line. Is this possible (and easy?)

Thanks

Comments (6)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
1) If the languge is marked as Secure you cannot save it back to XML, which is what Secure is designed for so people can't get to your XML language code. However we have a way we can do it here if you email it to us.

2) This directly isn't possible since it goes below the offset you specify by default. The Show method accepts an offset so you could try and fake that out by passing an offset from a previous line but that won't be reliable. What new properties/methods would you recommend for handling this?

Actipro Software Support

For #2, would it be possible to get the size of the infotip before a call to Show (ie. maybe have a Size property that would calculate size of infotip when called). And then allow me to show a infotip using a specific screen position so that instead of Show(int offset), there would also be Show(Point pt)?

That way, I could manually determine where to place the infotip based on screen and current cursor position.

Thanks
Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
I like the idea of having an override to take Point instead of offset. This same concept would be beneficial for both InfoTip and MemberList.
The next maintenance release now has features for moving the info tip to any location.

Actipro Software Support

Will next release also have the ability to get the size of the infotip window before it's shown? I would be happy just calling a function/property that would generate the size when I called it, even if I do take the extra hit of generating the size more than once.

If so, you are the man :)

Thanks,

Ashton
Yes you will call one method to measure and auto-resize it. Then there is now a DesktopBounds property that you can use to get the size. Then there is a Show overload that takes a point.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.