CurrentLineHighlightBorderColor

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
When setting CurrentLineHighlightingVisible=true and specifying a color for CurrentLineHighlightBorderColor, there is a problem with drawing order:

CurrentLineHighlightBackColor: draws first so it appears to be transparent, all characters are drawn on top of it: good

CurrentLineHighlightBorderColor: draws last so it draws *over* all existing characters and glyphs: bad

This results in cut-off characters in the currently selected line. Also, when a node is collapsed, it draws over the square rectangle and results in a distorted display.

Could you maybe change the drawing order so that the border draws in the same "layer" as the background color?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I moved the border drawing to be immediately after the background drawing. However this causes a new issue. The indentation guides now draw over the border so they break up the border line of the current highlighting line. What way do you think is better?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
Actually, I think the border should behave exactly like the background color. So it is ok for the borders to be broken up by the indentation guides.

However, maybe you could introduce a property that allows to select between both drawing modes for those who think it should stay as it is.
Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
I'm not sure this is a new issue. I just zoomed in on a screen print of my application, and the indentation guides are currently being drawn on top of both the background and border of the current line highlighting. Maybe you just didn't notice it before, but it looks like it's already done that way.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.