Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
The past days, I discovered a phenomenon I did not see before, and it does not appear in your sample app as well. So it may well be I caused it in the course of my development somehow, but I simply don't know how or what to do about:

I use a couple of tool windows which are autohidden and docked at various sides of my app.
When I expand one (no matter which one) and pinpoint it, for a split second there is a white area on top of the main menu, then the pinpointed tool window appears.

What I think is that when pinpointing the tool window, a new control is created and for some reason becomes visible before it is bound to the dock control. I may be wrong. Is there anything I can do to let's say change control order so the effect will be hidden underneath the main menu?

Any help greatly appreciated,
tob

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
When restoring a tool window from auto-hide, it has to temporarily suspend the layout of the docked tool windows while it adds the one that was previously auto-hidden. However that should be pretty much instantaneous so you really shouldn't notice any paint delay unless you perhaps have some lengthy event code in one of the events that gets raised during this process.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.